Swift and Secure Mainframe Integration for KYC Compliance
A Swiss financial services company, wealth manager, and global investment bank with business divisions in over 50 countries needed a way to quickly and securely connect their mainframe applications to a third-party database with very low latency to fulfill KYC due diligence in real-time.
Due to its legacy infrastructure, the banking giant needed a way to rapidly create uniform SOAP and REST APIs that would be called from a variety of programs, including their mainframe PL/I z/OS-based business logic applications.
Additionally, executives needed this challenge addressed as soon as possible. The integration solution had to be up and running quickly, and their engineers had little time to write new APIs or PL/I code. This API platform had to interface with various banking technologies, such as 3270 screens and legacy programs to hybrid-cloud mobile applications.
When the banking giant reached out to Adaptigent to conduct a Proof of Concept (POC), they wanted to see the capabilities of Adaptigent’s digital innovation solution, Adaptive Integration Fabric, first-hand.
Lasting only a week, the firm was able to create Smart APIs that called out to Refinitiv’s World-Check database and fulfilled KYC due diligence. They were convinced the Fabric was the only solution that accomplished what they needed.
Using the Fabric today, the bank can:
- Design, test, and rapidly deploy APIs with little to no coding.
- Import Swagger (OpenAPI) documents that map the interface from third-party services into the Studio to create and verify additional APIs.
- Create a workflow that defines the logic needed for the required input/output to new APIs.
- Reduce latency by consolidating multiple round trips usually required in calling legacy systems into Smart APIs.
- Generate required REST APIs that are securely called by external mobile, web, and other applications.
- Create the essential PL/I mainframe components for all interfaces into existing transactions to call out to fraud detection services.
- Quickly check APIs for errors.
Using the Fabric, this global financial services institution securely connected its core systems and mobile applications to fraud detection services with little or no coding needed. Thanks to the Fabric’s Smart APIs, the bank’s legacy system will stay securely connected to fraud detection services regardless of what changes are made to the applications or infrastructure in the future.
Ask us how you can better leverage your core system today.
Click here to read the full case study.